Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You Can't Miss...Photoshop Tricks and Taylor Swift

My favorite post from Smashing Magazine this week dealt with some tricks for Photoshop -- and I am in love with the possibilities that the Creative Suite offers. Every time I open up one of the programs I find a new tool or trick that I didn't know was there.


They focused on three different topics in the post: noise, rounded edges on rectangles and gradients. To be honest -- I read the noise section twice and I'm not sure I really understand what they were trying to tell me -- but, please, feel free to check that section out and learn for yourself. My interest was more-so in relation to the rounded rectangles. While I already know how to give my object the rounded edge, I related to the post's discussion of the annoying pixelation on the corners of the object when you use the tool. They say "to enable pixel-locked drawing for the Rounded Rectangle vector tool, check the “Snap to Pixels” option in the Options bar. If you have “Snap to Pixels” turned off, drawing at 100% zoom achieves the same result." Wonderful!


On another note having nothing to do with design other than that I listen to music while I'm designing...something every Taylor Swift fan should know is that tickets for her concert tour have already been on sale in a number of cities (including St. Louis, which is already sold out). However for those of you in Kansas City and those who, like me, will be moving in the direction of the Magazine Metropolis of the World -- NYC -- tickets for her concerts go on sale TOMORROW at midnight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment