Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Response...Commission Nearly Complete

There were definitely times throughout the semester that I was frustrated with my commission project -- either photos weren't working out or designs were not coming out how I pictured them in my head. But not once did I regret taking this capstone. A lot of people told me it was competitive (which it is) and I was told I had to apply for other capstones, just in case (which I didn't); because since the moment I stepped onto campus and decided on a magazine emphasis I knew I was going to find a way to get into this capstone course -- I was going to be a designer and I was going to be good at it.


What I didn't expect from this capstone was to really see the impacts of working on this commission project. I thought we would be given a lot more direction; and now that we're nearly finished with them I'm actually rather happy that we weren't given a step-by-step guide to completing the prototype. Regardless of the role we played (Designer, Webbie, Publisher), we all learned first-hand what it was like to work for a magazine. While many of us have completed internships, I don't think any of us got quite as close to the whole package as we saw this semester.


I'm grateful for having been given this opportunity, because if nothing else, I learned that I am completely satisfied with where I'm headed in my career. Some people find something they like and end up not loving it -- but I found something I really enjoy that I think, in the long run, I am going to be continually happy with.


I can't wait to see everyone's final products!! Great work this semester everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment