Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Response...Mini Portfolios

I think it's wonderful that we're getting the opportunity to create these mini portfolios. To be honest, I had never heard of a mini portfolio before -- which is probably another reason it's great I'm in this capstone course. We all have worked really hard on all of our work, and being able to compile it all together in another place -- other than a pile in our rooms or files on our computers.

It was really great to see other mini portfolios from semesters past, because it's true that all of our greatest was inspired by something that we saw someone else do. That's not to say I plan to copy someone else's mini portfolio, but I definitely got some great ideas that I plan to adapt into my own portfolio's design!

As for my mini portfolio, I am planning to pull the black and hot pink colors from my resume. I don't plan to have a black cover or black pages, but those two colors will be prominently used in my designs. I understand that some individuals don't think hot pink is a serious enough color for my resume or my mini portfolio, but I am a girl with a lot of personality who happens to also love bright colors. I think it is important to wear our personality proudly in our resume/portfolio as well as in our designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment