Wednesday, April 27, 2011

You Can't Miss...Graphic Design Stumbles

Here's what happens when I try to blog and stumble at the same time: three awesome things for you all to checkout!

1: Google Logos

Ever visit Google and really like the design? Google has archived all their logos here


The idea for doodles (as the logos are called) was created in 1998 when founders Larry and Sergy toyed with the logo while attending the Burning Man Festival in Nevada. From there an intern, Dennis Hwang, was asked to create a doode for Bastille Day. Since then, "doodles on the Google homepage have made searching on Google more fun and enjoyable for its users worldwide." They are now used when news seasons start, important birthdays happen and on anniversaries!

2: Awesome Tutorials

I've always been the type of designer that does better at learning when I just test out the tools to see what it does. But incase you're looking for some specific directions, check out these tutorials by Tutorial Outpost! 


3: Creative Packaging

My favorite part about being a designer is the idea that we get the opportunity to work in every aspect of journalism -- news design, magazine design, promotional and even advertisements like these.  




3 comments:

  1. Designing Google logos would be one of the coolest jobs. How does one get this job. Seriously, I mean we're graduating, I need a job... These are so much fun. Sometimes I think they are so great; other times, I think it is kind of a stretch. I also think Google celebrates some really random things. But, still, I mean, I would love that job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumble all the time. Like literally all the time. Usually my you cna't miss's come from stumbleupon.com. I haven't seen the google logos yet though. That would be quite the task to redesign the google logo everyday/week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. https://akgraphicssolutions.com/portfolio/

    ReplyDelete