Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Critique...App Development, outside class

This week I didn't have anything in the way of Vox, our prototype projects, or any other assignment to critique this week -- so I took a que from Ashley and decided to critique the wireframes I designed for my app development course. 


At little overview on the project, first. My group is working on an application for the MU Museum of Art & ArchaeologyWe are going to create an image driven application (as opposed to map-driven) that will divide the museum into its historical and artistic exhibits. Everything will be based on a short tour, with links for a longer tour if they wish - essentially the user will be able to choose what kind of experience they have. We are planning on creating a four-button application that will lead to (1) contact information and hours and will include a link to donate to the museum, (2) main content of the app (exhibits), (3) a map of the museum and (4) an events page that will link to either MU events or the museum’s facebook events page. The main content of the app will include a shortened versions of the museum’s already existent 40-minute podcast, a gallery featuring some of the museum’s more visually striking pieces and we'll feature pieces, such as very small coins, that the technology can showcase better than the museum itself can. Some pieces will also include additional information such as similar pieces elsewhere and random tidbits, such as information about the artist.


Check out the first wireframes I put together:






Creating the wireframes were a lot less difficult than I expected -- though having templates for creating them made it that much easier. I didn't expect there to be so little design work in developing an app -- but I suppose simple is always better.

3 comments:

  1. This is a cool project! The wireframes you've created so far look good. This application experience will really come in handy in the real world. It will be neat to see the final result. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As this was blog for a class of mine, I will actually not be updating it very often -- however, I do have a new blog that I plan to utilize more after the first of the year. It's currently a photo blog (that I'm sorely needing to update but haven't had the time recently because I'm trying to update the style of the photos). Here's the link: http://haleighcastino.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete