Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Critique...Vox Departments So Far

My first weekend designing for Vox Magazine was rather stressful -- as if not knowing what I was doing wasn't enough, I spent 48 hours freaking out about an illustration that I was supposed to make for the online version of the story I had to design. I didn't know the game in the story and the reporter was refusing to speak to me. I finished the following flash graphic (below is a photo, not the graphic) for the story and the page design, to come to find out there was an ethical issue -- the story wasn't printed and neither was my graphic. I still plan to use it in my portfolio.

Second round of Scene designing went a lot smoother -- though having my feature the same weekend did make it a bit crazy. It was fun, though, I enjoyed getting through all the stories and piecing it all together. 

Third round of Vox designing was another splash of change with the travel issue -- which was definitely a good time -- but when were told to stick with the personality of Vox in our designs it's hard to keep consistent when we only design every three weeks. Over all, this third week was my favorite because it was my type of content. I love to travel and it made me think of the idea that some day I could be designing for a travel publication's department pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment