Monday, March 7, 2011

Critique...Cover Competition 2

I was excited about the fact that I would get to work on the cover competition for the travel issue -- my ultimate goal with my career is to work for a travel publication. What was difficult was thinking so locally, because when I think about travel and where it can take me. It's hard for me to think that traveling could mean less than 100 miles.


Here's what I came up with:

For my first cover I was inspired by the idea that we all relate spring break with jet setting to some place far from the reality we live in for most of our year. I chose the image I did because the child brought the family aspect of traveling from the stories in the issue.




The second cover I took special interest in the road trip feature story. I wanted the give the idea that we can vacation only a short drive away. It was a great photo -- though I understand where the editors were coming from with respect to the landscape in the mirror.




The third cover was my favorite...although it wasn't a favorite of the editors. I understand that passports are for world travel -- but one of the story titles on the DTS had something to do with the world of Missouri. So I thought the passport stamps could be from Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment