Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Response...Potential Portfolio Pieces

We've all taken basic design -- so seeing the projects from that course was familiar. We've also all taken part in Vox department pages and designing logos. What I most loved about showing off my own work and seeing the work of other was to see what everyone has done outside the realm of required Magazine Design courses.


I was able to show my designs for my work with Relay For Life at Mizzou...


In addition to the infographics I did for the Missourian...


And the wireframes I created on behalf of the Museum of Art & Archaeology in my application development class...


Each of us as an idea of what our lives and careers are going to be like after we graduate. For most of us, that time will come in under two months. Many, including myself, see ourselves in New York City -- others plan to stick around for grad school among other reasons. And those differences are what our designs show. We can take the idea from a brainstorming session or be inspired by a part in the stories we design, but we each carry our own personality throughout our designs. Not only was this critique session beneficial to our portfolios, but they gave us a chance to get to know each other through our designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment