Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Can't Miss...Web Font Formats

My design personality is alway geared by color -- though oddly enough I like black and white photos more than full color. Regardless, the post about on Smashing Magazine today was about another design love of mine, typography (for the web -- and they call typefaces "font-faces," which I find hilarious because so many of us correct each other when we say "font" and now they've combined the two to make their own). 


"There’s hope that regular system fonts will soon be abolished by Web font embedding, which enables us to choose practically any typeface and font style they want — just like in print design," says Smashing Magazine. Now that's what I like to hear -- I have hundreds of "font-faces" on my computer, and having to reduce my web creativity to those that are formatted correctly would have gotten old. I can't wait for this revolution!


Also...as promised, check out the March desktop calendars post! They've got some really great designs this month!





1 comment:

  1. I love the March desktop calendar with the swirls. It's colorful and eye-popping, which seems to describe March a lot.

    ReplyDelete